Oso NegroMake Press Inquiry
A recovering scientist, Oso Negro dedicated the present to hip-hop. Not hearing what he wants now-a-days, he's decided to make music of his life and time, embracing the timeless power of lyrical consciousness and hunger for life. "Breachin' kids thoughts, but aiming at the minds of men, finding them fighting tidal strength." –Oso. A twist of reggae, a splash of crooning and the ever-present spirit of live music feed this hungry bear’s desire to mix it up, keep it fun and stimulating.
Energetic. Melodic. Kinetic beats, both electronic and sample-based. Eclectic sound. Strong reggae influence. Intelligent. Catchy hooks. More singing than you'd imagine. Earthy. Unexpected. High-quality raps with extra-clean delivery. A hard working, distinctive artist.
Oso has been hitting the road a lot over the last couple of years, participating in several regional tours and playing shows from Seattle to Los Angeles to Austin and Montana, and just about everywhere between. In addition, he's also been getting plenty of radio play in the region, on both terrestrial and internet radio stations in WA, ID, UT, NV, SD, MA, and MS, and has been interviewed multiple times on Boise Community Radio, KRBX 89.9/93.5, as well as on Monster Music 92.7 FM, Twin Falls, ID.
Oso Negro has supported such acts as Shabazz Palaces, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Dilated Peoples, Souls of Mischief, SOJA, the Chicharones, Rehab, Grupo Fantasma, Katchafire, Cunninlynguists, Sage Francis, Homeboy Sandman, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Mickey Avalon, Tribal Seeds, Tonedeff, Abtract Rude, Myka 9, Scarub, Sweatshop Union, K-OS, Ceschi, Anuhea, Seedless, DJ Zeph & Azeem, Astronautalis, Mac Lethal, Shad, Awol One, Pigeon Hole, Sleep of Oldominion, Darktime Sunshine, Ugly Duckling, Ecid, Cecil Otter, B.Dolan, Qwel and Maker, Jackie Chain, and Poppa Grows Funk, among others. In addition, Oso has been part of the Treefort Music Fest (Boise), Alive After 5 Summer Concert Series (Boise), Neon Reverb Music Festival (Las Vegas), Rootdown Fest (Denver), Interchange Fest (Bozeman), Boise Hip-Hop Festival, Boise State University's "Bronco Welcome" Week, H.O.P.E. Fest, Urban Arts Festival (Salt Lake City), Chamberlin Rail Jam (Bozeman) 4 & 20 Blackbird Festival (Weed, CA), and Promenade Music Festival (Boise).
Influenced by the raw imagery of Wu-Tang, harmonies and gaze toward nature of Goodie Mob, mysticism of the Doors, and transcendence of topics by the likes of Aesop Rock, Cage, and El-P, Oso rarely if ever receives outright comparisons to other artists. His emceeing has been described as melodious, musical, and full of fun patterns. Don't forget the strong reggae and electronic undertones in his music, either.
Hip Hop/Rap | Reggae | Electronica/Dance
- Boise, ID
Bump Magazine Summer Party
Come to the Neurolux for a night of dance, drinks and hangs. All proceeds go to help BUMP (Boise Underground Music Pages) Magazine continue their amazing work for our music community!
Cam Callahan & Campaign Revival (Debut)
Doors @ 7:00 PM
Show @ 9:00 PM
- 08/26/2017, Boise, ID, neurolux, 8pm View
- 05/06/2017, Cortez, CO, Blondie's Trophy Room, 09:00 PM View
- 05/05/2017, El Prado, NM, Taos Mesa Brewing, 08:00 PM View
- 05/03/2017, Louisville, CO, Dona Laurita Photography & Fine Art, 08:00 PM View
- 05/02/2017, Fort Collins, CO, The Colorado Room, 08:00 PM View
- 05/01/2017, Denver, CO, The Wellness Lounge, 08:00 PM View
- 04/08/2016, Yakima, WA, The Hop Shop, 10pm View
- 04/07/2016, Olympia, WA, Le Voyeur, 7pm View
- Dope Sh!t Podcast, Track pick, 05/29/2017, Dope Sh!t Podcast (S2, E13: Live from Queens, NY) See Text
- Damn That Noise, Album review, 05/19/2017, Oso Negro & Weighn Beats | Werebear | Featured Album See Text
- Scratched Vinyl, Album review, 05/18/2017, Oso Negro & Weighn Beats - Werebear EP See Text
- Boise Weekly, Album review, 05/10/2017, Oso Negro/Weighn Beats EP Release, May 17, Shredder See Text
- Dope Sh!t Podcast, Track pick, 05/01/2017, Dope Sh!t Podcast (S2, E9: Interview w/ Dart Adams) See Text
- Boise Weekly, Concert preview, 02/17/2016, Who's Coming to Boise for Treefort Music Fest 2016 See Text
- Boise Weekly, Article, 01/27/2016, Oso Negro Unlocks Keyholes on Saturday, Jan. 30 See Text
- Rogue Valley Messenger, Article, 09/03/2015, Backwoods Beat: Oso Negro and the Art of Hip Hop Off the Grid See Text