Oso NegroMake Press Inquiry
Energetic. Melodic. Kinetic beats, both electronic and sample-based. Eclectic sound. Strong reggae influence. Intelligent. Catchy hooks. More singing than you'd imagine. Earthy. Unexpected. High-quality raps with extra-clean delivery. A hard working, distinctive artist.
A recovered scientist, Oso Negro makes music of his life and time, embracing the timeless power of lyrical consciousness and hunger for life. "Breachin' kids thoughts, but aiming at the minds of men, finding them fighting tidal strength." –Oso. A twist of reggae, a splash of crooning and the ever-present spirit of live music feed this hungry bear’s desire to mix it up, keep it fun and stimulating.
Oso hit the road a lot over the last decade, participating in several regional tours and playing shows from Seattle to Los Angeles to Austin, Montana, and just about everywhere between. In addition, he's also been getting plenty of radio play in the region, on both terrestrial and internet radio stations in WA, ID, UT, NV, SD, MA, and MS, and has been interviewed multiple times on Boise Community Radio, KRBX 89.9/93.5, as well as on Monster Music 92.7 FM, Twin Falls, ID.
Oso Negro has supported such acts as Shabazz Palaces, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Dilated Peoples, Souls of Mischief, SOJA, the Chicharones, Rehab, Grupo Fantasma, Katchafire, Cunninlynguists, Sage Francis, Homeboy Sandman, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Mickey Avalon, Tribal Seeds, Tonedeff, Abtract Rude, Myka 9, Scarub, Sweatshop Union, K-OS, Ceschi, Anuhea, Seedless, DJ Zeph & Azeem, Astronautalis, Mac Lethal, Shad, Awol One, Pigeon Hole, Sleep of Oldominion, Darktime Sunshine, Ugly Duckling, Ecid, Cecil Otter, B.Dolan, Qwel and Maker, Jackie Chain, and Poppa Grows Funk, among others. In addition, Oso has been part of the Treefort Music Fest (Boise), Alive After 5 Summer Concert Series (Boise), Neon Reverb Music Festival (Las Vegas), Rootdown Fest (Denver), Interchange Fest (Bozeman), Boise Hip-Hop Festival, Boise State University's "Bronco Welcome" Week, H.O.P.E. Fest, Urban Arts Festival (Salt Lake City), Chamberlin Rail Jam (Bozeman) 4 & 20 Blackbird Festival (Weed, CA), and Promenade Music Festival (Boise).
Influenced by the raw imagery of Wu-Tang, harmonies and gaze toward nature of Goodie Mob, mysticism of the Doors, and transcendence of topics by the likes of Aesop Rock, Cage, and El-P, Oso rarely if ever receives outright comparisons to other artists. His emceeing has been described as melodious, musical, and full of fun patterns. Don't forget the strong reggae and electronic undertones in his music, either.
Hip Hop/Rap | Reggae | Electronica/Dance
- Reno, NV
The Clock Strikes Thirteen Tour- Reno, NV
JUB JUB'S THIRST PARLOR PRESENTS:
The Clock Strikes Thirteen Tour
“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”
― George Orwell, 1984.
While change is inevitable, the healing powers of music will always be a tool to combat the looming Dystopian ideals of today. 4 modern day heroes will set off this Spring to spread their healing powers up the California and Oregon Coasts.
Z-Man will Dazzle while True Justice drops the anchor...
- 04/24/2018, Reno, NV, Jub Jub's Thirst Parlor, 08:00 PM View
- 04/23/2018, Sacramento, CA, Placerville Public House, 8:00PM View
- 04/22/2018, Medford, OR, The Bamboo Room at King Wah's, 08:00 PM View
- 04/21/2018, Newport, OR, Moby Dick's Seafood & Spirits, 09:00 PM View
- 04/20/2018, Eureka, CA, The Siren's Song Tavern, 08:00 PM View
- 04/19/2018, Chico, CA, Naked Lounge, 08:00 PM View
- 04/18/2018, Oakland, CA, Elbo Room Jack London, 08:00 PM View
- 04/13/2018, Boise, ID, The Shredder, 08:00 PM View
- Boise Weekly, Concert preview, 09/29/2012, Local-ish Hip-Hop Artist Oso Negro Drops New Video, EP See Text
- Hadron Collective (Seattle), Album review, 10/11/2012, OSO NEGRO – Butchered EP See Text
- SSGmusic.com (Seattle), 03/08/2013, Preview: Treefort Music Fest 2013 Thursday 3/21 See Text
- Boise Weekly, Album review, 09/04/2013, Oso Negro Breaks on Through See Text
- lasvegascitylife.com, Concert review, 03/12/2011, Neon Reverb, 03.11.11: The Beard Man cometh See Text
- The Arbiter, Boise State University, Concert preview, 03/18/2013, Treefort Thursday: The bands you should know See Text
- Boise Weekly, Album review, 10/01/2014, New Releases from Audio Moonshine, Audra Connolly, Edmond Dantes and Oso Negro See Text
- Rogue Valley Messenger, Article, 09/03/2015, Backwoods Beat: Oso Negro and the Art of Hip Hop Off the Grid See Text